PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAC Flying Pay change
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2007, 14:57
Greenielynxpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A letter to the AFPRB, explaining that over 300 aircrew in the AAC have, in effect, received a pay cut this year, should give us another line of development to pursue.

Even better, 300 letters, each describing the precise figure of the financial loss that D/AAvn/31/003 is going to cost an entire generation of Army pilots, should really ram the point home. (For those of you who have not yet calculated it, I've written a spreadsheet to work out the actual loss in pay. PM me and I'll send you a copy).

At the very least, we must ask them to visit Middle Wallop and/or Wattisham during 2007 to get an opportunity to make our voices heard, and not those cowardly yes-men at DAAvn who have lost any right to represent our best interests.

Admittedly, it is the long game, but continued and persistent pressure is our best bet. I recommend addressing your letters to AVM (Retd) Ian M Stewart, CB - as a former Harrier pilot, he should be able to convince the remainder of the panel that this policy is against the long-term interests of Defence, and that the SO1s at DAAVn and PS10 have quite simply got it wrong about our intentions for continued service in the face of such betrayal. Professor David Greenaway, the chairman of the AFPRB, should also be copied on any letters that are written.

Letters for the AFPRB should be sent to the following address:

c/o Mr P Bush
AFPRB Secretariat
OME
6th Floor, Bay 669
Kingsgate House
66-74 Victoria Street
LONDON
SW1E 6SW

There is a comments form available at http://www.ome.uk.com/contact.cfm although I suspect that a proper letter is more likely to have the desired effect.

Do this - my letter alone will not make a difference. 300 will.