PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I guess we all know it's not the healthiest job...
Old 2nd Apr 2007, 13:34
iain8867

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Dolley

I think normally you will find, long haul and short haul, that your incedents of colds, bugs and the like do increase, it is probably being in a dry, warm and pressurised enviroment with however many people who may be suffering with these bugs. So it isn't like your immune system isn't as good as it used to be. More likely that you are coming into contact with more!

My body clock didn't like long haul when I started, but I am luck that now I can sleep any time and anywhere!! just got my system to realise that when I can sleep it has too. Don't suffer too much with jet lag, but when I get home day one is always just chill about the house.

As someone said earlier, keep your mind active, I enjoy sudoku and crosswords when I can, even on breaks on board the aircraft if I have time.

My airline monitors things like cosmic radiation, publishes its finding to us too, and for healthy eating each year we are asked for suggestions for the crew meals. We get a resonable selection of both healthy and the stodge I like the stodge lol They also had the company doctor write a report "the good sleep guide". They do seem to look after us.

So I think really it comes down to each one of us to look out for each other and ourselves

Iain