PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working Hours
Thread: Working Hours
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2007, 12:52
Wyler

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
A friend of mine worked for a very career minded boss about 8 years ago. He was of the opinion that if you worked less than 70 hours a week, you were not worthy. My mate arrived home for a well earned Xmas break to find a document waiting for him. I saw it and it was 4 X A4 pages long with 12 Font print on both sides of every page. It was colour coded, Blue/Green and Red. Blue was a reading list which was to be completed by the first day back at work. This involved going back into work (20 miles away) over the grant. Green was work that needed drafting for a meeting on day one back at work. Red was work that had to be completed by day one back at work. All in all there was sufficient for 8 to 10 hours per day. Included in the text was his bosses private Fax number. He required a point brief every third day as a progress check.

There was no war, no threat. He was a low level staff officer and the work he needed to do was not earth shattering.

My mate threw it in the bin.

I have always been suspicious of people like his boss. What else do they have to give when the sh!t hits the fan? I think they are a liability.

(My mate is now 2 ranks higher than that boss)