PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF 737-800 pax window.....
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2007, 09:08
SIUYA

Received 81 Likes on 25 Posts
Wink

Gear in transit said................

I had wondered about containment of 'spinny things' myself, but I had discounted that seeing it's only on the left side. Right side pax aren't as important perhaps?
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear............let's just go back to your original question.

What the deal with no windows in row 9 and half a window in row 10, I assume there's some structual reason?
Now, on a 738 the 'spinny' things (= turbo-jets = NO propellers) are equally aligned on either side of the aircraft, so it doesn't matter whatsoever if you are on the LEFT or RIGHT side of the aircraft. And, all passengers, be they sitting on the left OR right side of the aircraft are EQUALLY important!

Ever seen the Telstra ad where the kid asks his old man why the Great Wall of China was built and Dad answers 'It was to keep the rabbits out.....designed by Emporer Nasi Goreng'.

OK............well the Empororer Nasi Goring at Boeing designed the aircraft to have airconditioning (to keep the rabbits on board happy) and to do that he had to work out a way to get nice conditioned air into the upper area of the cabin, so to do that he worked out a system to have (as Sinala says):

aircon pipes run from the packs up the inside of the fuselage to feed into the outlets in the centre of the ceiling
And, to do that, as BACB30NN3K3 told you, the Emporer Nasi Goring at Boeing designed a system of:

multiple moulded round tubes on the NG's and Flat Fibreglass ducts on the classics - connecting the mix manifold to the overhead distribution duct
right next to where you sat! Hence, NO WINDOW!

So it's really simple, really

Time to move on.............next thread?