PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe to aquire BA Connect. Crew thread. (No Spotters)-(Part 2)
Old 2nd Apr 2007, 09:03
Anotherflapoperator

I reckon one of the biggest problems is that they decided to change everything at one go. Had the management left the handling for a while, the ramp contracts, etc, perhaps it could have transitioned mor slowly and easier, then again, a clean break and time to fix it before the real summer starts is also a valid option, just more chaotic in the short term

The IOM is a depressing place right now. All the engineers bar the line have been put on gardening leave, the hangar is closed. Flight support are doing their best to prove just why Euromanx has been such a laughing stock these past few years...I've never seen so many elementary check-in errors in such a short time.

Manchester cancellations seem commonplace, and because it's Flight Support, pax get switched onto Euromanx flights in seconds-funny that.

The thing is, it will get better, new staff will get the hang of things and the errors should reduce as time goes on. Crew shortages will be the huge hurdle to jump though. That won't improve I suspect until the industry crashes in a couple of years.

All we can do is try not to let our tempers fray and try our best to get the job done in good spirit. Best wishes to us all.