PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Innovative Aviation water saving idea(s)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2007, 06:20
Squawk7700

Received 198 Likes on 104 Posts
Innovative Aviation water saving idea(s)

Hi Everyone,

Innovative Idea # 1

I was fiddling with my aircraft on the weekend when someone commented on how good it was looking and that I must have been polishing it and I just said thanks and didn't think much more of it at the time. Then whilst flying along later I was looking down at our parched brown land, then looked up to the sky and came up with a great idea!

To assist our government and water authorities in saving one of our most prescious resources I have devised a great new way to wash your plane and save water.

Before next flight, apply liberally detergent to the leading edge of the wings, cowl, base of windscreen and wheel covers (if you have them), then take to the skies and head for the clouds. A couple of minutes in a nice grey fluffy cloud will have you flying a nice shiny aircraft in no time flat. Be sure to make the appropriate calls on your nearest centre frequency to advise that you are in the wash and or rinse phase. If you find ice building up, descend immediately as this will hinder the wash process.

I'm still working out how to wax though as this is going to require an extra flight. Any ideas welcome on that one.

You may need to fly around for a while afterwards so that other VFR pilots don't get too suspect when the water is dripping off your airframe when you get back.

Anyway, give it a go and I hope to see your gleaming aircraft around the skies soon.

Squarker.