PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA II (Poll)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2007, 06:01
ak3141

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't believe the hype. You cannot be forced onto adverse conditions. You always have a choice - even if that choice means resigning, you still have a choice.

Whether a no vote will prompt the company to engage in further discussions to determine why the proposed EBA was voted down or prompt them to pursue other options is anybodys guess. However, that is all it is, just a guess. What I do know is that it is not in the company's best interests to put such an integral resource to their daily operations offside.

There simply aren't enough resources available to train enough cabin crew to cover a large drop in available crew should there be a large number of resignations or an organised strike. No crew means no flights and even a 20% drop in available resources would affect daily operations.

I will wait for the outcome after the results are in and will make my decision about staying with the company when the time comes. In the meantime, in the interests of preserving the health and well-being of cabin crew, I will not bow down to the fear of Workchoices and vote this EBA in