PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest opinions about GPS
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2007, 05:39
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Well, one has plumped for a C330-R. That's a refurbished. I was pleased with my HP computer deal which had the most minute scratch giving me $100s off the RRp, so it remains to be seen what arrives.

Free P&P and no tax cos it's from out of state. I wish there was no VAT when I get things from outside Essex

Sears pirice this am was 399 + 6.25% and this was $269.99. I will however phone tomorrow to see if they have anything for $10

Seems a good deal, but it'll probably mean that I have to drive backwards to make it go, or I'll get the one that was run over by a cement lorry.

I would have had a go at making my Sony Vaio work in the car, but it's old and I don't know if I could get that going on 12v. I beat my normal frugal mode when I got that. It was 9 months old and Sony had written it off.

When my pal got the insurance money he gave the lap top to me.

It had been all the way to Brussels to be told that it needed a new mother board. Oh, and the dry sounding Sony man told me that they finger print dust for interlopers before doing any work. Anyway I was given it...Sony wanted £1,200 for the part even though the computer was less than that new...so a little micro surgery on the print'd circuit near the bios chip and away it went. Used it ever since. Having said all this, if it would go, is a 2 point something Mhz fast enought to run the nav progs? I might still have a go for fun.