PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - travelling light
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2007, 05:02
ShesGreatintheGalley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am a pro at packing light.. i can pack for three weeks in a domestic size roll-a-board!
purchase the small bottles from the body shop empty and refill with a cleanser, shampoo and conditioner. Body Shop sell them empty, or you can buy others simmilar size which are readily available.use soap in hotels.. dont bother packing bodywash/soap unless you cant use soap on your skin, in which case pack a small bottle of sanex/simmilar.
the gift with purchase packs at department stores normally have small pots in them of moisturiser, i refill mine into one of these (a small lancome pot). or buy your moisturise in the smallest size tube avail and keep it in your bag for overnight use only.
pack only minimal hoisery/underwear/socks/bras and wash out in sink with shampoo which is very simmilar to laundry liquid except with more fragrance. smalls like that dry easily overnight or with hotel hairdryer if pushed for time
cut your makeup down to size by using lots of the gift with purchase samples, esp for bigger items like mascara, eyeshadow and pencils etc. pack only a small travel size brush and use the hotel hairdryers.

other than a cleanser, moisturiser, shampoo & conditioner, and basic makeup, the only other stuff you might need are some cotton pads (to help remove makeup), a small bottle of bio oil or baby mineral oil will double as an eyemakeup remover, intensive face moisturiser (if very dry) and good for cuticles and feet before bed. a small travel size can of hairspray, and an all purpose balm ( i like smiths rosebud salve or 8 hr cream) will do everything else.

Last edited by ShesGreatintheGalley; 2nd Apr 2007 at 05:13.