PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - # of pilots at Cathay
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2007, 23:16
act700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wannagetout:
(keep in mind I don't work for cx while you read the following)

you, just like 90% of pilots worldwide, irregardless of size aircraft you fly, or what "great" airline in the world you fly for, are in it for the wrong reasons!

At my present company we have a ton of whiners, too, and if I didn't ignore most of it, I'd be in an institution by now.

Fact is, there is no company, airline or other, that is great, CX included. You, or I, or we, have two choices: work for the b@stards (as sizematters call them), or don't.
Truth is, there is no money in aviation in seats 0a and 0b! The money in aviation is everywhere but at the pointy end, or worse, in the back of the tube. I learned that when I was away from flying for six months. And you know, that was the easiest money I ever made in aviation.

Unfortunately, I've got a disease, far worse than aids, or coke, or cancer. My disease is uncurable: I love to fly.

I gave up all that easy money, and there was a lot of it (legit, mind you), to get whipped around and used and abused, just so I can fly again.

Now, I can either be like you and your kind and pi$$ and moan day in day out, or I can try to make the best of a ......... (insert what you like) situation.
I choose the latter. And from where I stand, CX is by far the best. And if that turns out to be wrong, you know what, wannagetout, I can always, ..., well, get out!!!

So, just like an aids patient, I have learned to make the best of it, and live with my disease.

Back to our two choices: one can either work for the b@stards, or be one of them. I'm just not ready to be one of them yet.