PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2007, 23:03
sycamore

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts
chinook

Caz, Shy, and Tandem, there may not have been any `Comms` aircraft available that day,but there was certainly a Herk that could have been utilised, as I did a L-Level sortie being `checked` from Lye-Lossie.Route was up thru` Wales ,across to the Lakes and then across towards Turnberry, at which point everyone could see the Mull in the distance, with a `cap` of cloud, and began to sing the old refrain/chorus- short lived . We then went North and later pulled out somewhere, due to poor vis, landing at Lossie,early afternoon.Then did another short L-L trip, put Albert to bed and retired to the bar, for the `debrief`. At this point the `crash ` alarm went, for the SAR &MRT , and being `nosey` I rang Ops to find out `wazzup`, and offered an empty Albert to take the MRT down to Mac. This was refused by Lossie and Ascot Ops, so the MRT had to drive all the way.That really p$$%^d me and the crew off. It was only later that we saw the `news`. It would not have taken much to have arranged transport from Ald.,by us, and we were returning to Lye. the next day. Syc...........