PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tenerife. March, 27th, 1977.
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2007, 17:20
poorwanderingwun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xetro

I wasn't making any reference to KLM work practises in particular and did not mention KLM... My comment was addressed at ROCKHOUND who I thought was being unduly harsh regarding a post by FORGET...

FS

It's been several years since I last read anything relating to this accident so I'm probably wrong but I was under the impression that KLM was due to return to Amsterdam that evening after trading the pax at Las Palmas and that the reason for fueling at Los Rodeos was to save time on the turn around... at las Palmas... the thought of having all this ahead of him would put considerable pressue on Capt V Z to get airborne... still with a considerable task to accomplish. Somehow I doubt that a simple two leg operation to Las Palmas and return could not be accomplished in one FDP... the unusual events however involving a diversion to a rarely visited and problematical airport such as Los Rodeos would add considerably to the stress levels and the onset of fatigue cannot also be discounted when consedering the prospect of the long flight back to Amsterdam after the turnaround at LPA.