PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA II (Poll)
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2007, 12:55
737NG_Girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
https://www.workchoices.gov.au/ourpl...agreements.htm
The Workplace Relations Act makes it unlawful for someone to coerce a person into making a collective agreement, or to make false or misleading statements so that a person agrees to make a collective agreement.
Roadshow, anyone? A few things were said at roadshows that were proven by participants to be direct lies (one such case is a question that was asked of a delegate if 4 sector BNE-MEL's can be done under the new EBA. His response was "No, they can not" but a person who was there proved that such a duty could be done) - that is false/misleading information.

Wages and conditions following termination
If an agreement made under WorkChoices is unilaterally terminated, employees will be covered by the Australian Fair Pay and Conditions Standard (the Standard) and protected award conditions (see next column).
If an agreement is unilaterally terminated by an employer or an employer’s bargaining agent, employees will also be covered by any redundancy provisions that were in the terminated agreement for a maximum period of 12 months. For more information about redundancy following unilateral termination of an agreement by an employer, see the ‘WorkChoices and preservation of redundancy entitlements’ fact sheet.
In addition, if an agreement is terminated with 90 days’ notice the employer can provide voluntary undertakings to their employees about the terms and conditions of employment above these minimum conditions. Such undertakings will need to be lodged with the OEA and will be enforceable.
The way I interpret this is that it refers only to Collective Agreements formed under Workchoices Legislatio, which our current one was not. I am going to contact the Helpline tomorrow to confirm this, but I am of the strong (but open to education from the Workchoices helpline) understanding that we cannot be forced off the current agreement.