PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Real Men don't go around - a fatal cultural flaw.
Old 1st Apr 2007, 09:40
pakeha-boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will964.....you are right...no argument here.....

The problem with your approach is that all their training,CRM,flying,and training is/was designed through your"Weatern Goggles" theory.....and Idont make the rules....just follow them....

As an example,because of insurance problems in the early days...JAL was required to have "western pilots' in the cockpit,who had heavy time.....JAL tired on many occassions to Nationalize their airline......for obvious reasons,(and Ihave seen them)they werent able to....the situation now has improved,due to your "Western goggles theory".

Maybe I,m reading your post wrong......but culture in the cockpit,seems to be alive and well......but to my thinking,CRM,GA,S....etc.....whether it be in Asia,Europe,downunder,State side.....is basically the same....do your job and do it well....

Have done a couple of contracts in Asia.....its an eyeopener,for us Western types for sure.......my Goggels got steamed up on several occasions...

Culture has its place,no argument.....but flying Aircraft,is flying aircraft
PB