PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST - 2
Thread: BELFAST - 2
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2007, 09:25
gate 22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now come on now, residents have rights. I worked in East Belfast for 2 years, about half a mile from the airport and the noise was very intrusive. I mean if you lived right under the flight path and your having a barbeque on a Saturday evening, a string of flights flying over head, with folk waving from the windows kind of ruins the moment. As for road traffic nuisance-roads have been around now for 100 years, so if you buy a house in an urban area near a road then expect traffic noise all day and night. However if they decided to turn the Newtownards Road into the 'M6' then there may be a little noise from residents. As for Killead and out lying areas its about damage limitations ie the BFS does't affect too many people here where as BHD affects 100's of thousands of people. What are the statistics most aviation accidents happen while landing and taking off.... Final point Bhd are taking the mickey. Its suppose to be a business airport like LCA (which actually seems to respect its residents eg do Airbuses, 737's use it, does it have charter flights to Malaga, Verona, Chambery - its geared up for business) Bhd is trying to grow beyond its original intention and thats why it needs to be legislated in its use. I mean is it necessary for sun sand and sea flights from Bhd. I'm quite sure people who live away out there in Bangor and are going to Malaga for a week will not mind an extra 20mins to the airport.