PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot jailed (alcoholism & pilots)
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2007, 22:06
carholme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Michael 744;

Sir;

I do not want to get into a discussion with you about the merits of some fancy writings in a book. I am an alcoholic and I can only tell my story but until I was able to admit that I had a problem, I didn't stand a chance for survival. I know I am an alcoholic and for me to mess around with my thinking that maybe I am not is the most dangerous and ludicrous thing I have ever heard. This is like I said before about science and the pill. Do you think if science invented a pill that would relieve me from my problem that I would start to drink again? Not a chance and for me personally, I have to stay away from this long winded,flowery writing of yours.I don't know if you have experienced the effect of alcohol consumption and what it did to people like me but I would be surprized to meet many people that talked themselves out of it. My experience and recovery on a daily basis has shown me that I am an alcoholic and unless I accept that, every waking moment of my life, I and the thinking I am capable of sometimes can risk the sobriety I have enjoyed these years. I for one am happy to have some understanding of my problem and know that I am not smart enough to risk a good thing that saved my life.

carholme