PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interview Questions from Hell
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2007, 19:49
SpanwiseGlow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
View for the top,

I echo what has been said on the subject but I would also "prepare" an outline of what you are going to say. For this you will have had to do your homework ie know the latest news of the airline, its fleet, routes, key personnel and of course the history.

Below is a ROUGH outline, it is a little ars licky and written off the cuff (I have just finished 6 sectors, so a little tired) but it will show the interviewer that you can string a sentence together, you provide considerate calm responses and you are articulate with your reply. I used a similar "script" to get my first job (a few years back) with success.

So Mr Smith, why do you want to work for white Nuckle Airways?

Well, for a long time of I have been following the growth of WNA and have been impressed with the developments for example I especially like the fact that the airline is constantly expanding into new routes for example the recent addition of the route between krypton and atlantis.

Also, I believe that WNA enjoys a first class reputation within the industry and recently won the award for best airline tyres. It is an airline that is going places and one I would be proud to work for.

With the mixed fleet of B757 and B737 and with the possibility for dual ratings it would provide me with the varied career that I seek and a challenge in which I can excel upon.

You get the general idea - the point is you do NOT remember verbatum or you will sound like you are a robot but you do want a skeleton to hang the meat on if you know what I mean.

Of course, you have to be well presented, on time, have all necessary documentation and go in with the attitude that they have called you for interview so they want to employ you and the interview is merely a formality.

Best of Luck.

SpanwiseGlow