PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 4
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2007, 10:32
bmibaby.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think the case at all is that bmibaby don't care about the East Midlands market, but you have to remember that the airline is a business. I think because our head offices are just up the road, people expect us to be the flagship carrier for the airport, but that is no longer the case. Ryanair have expanded to a number of destinations that bmibaby have tried or mulled in the past, and are doing so with great success to the extent we could not re-enter those markets. Call that bad management or lack of foresight on our management's behalf, but bmibaby were one of the first low-cost regional airlines. The decision to expand the Birmingham base has been because an opportunity existed to enter markets following the demise of MyTravelLite and BA Connect, it simply made commercial sense to focus on that base. It would be nice if some of the BHX routes could be duplicated to EMA, but we will have to wait and see. With reference to Palma, I can only imagine that these times are better for short break customers - you arrive late on your arrival night but have the full day the next day and the day of your departure.