PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Numbers
Thread: Pilot Numbers
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2007, 05:31
aircabbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets see if I've got this right (or nearly right).
Rex- looking for 30 pilots over the next 12 months.
Qantas - 12 per month starting late April.
Virgin - 140 short now + 90 for the E jets and say 70 for the 777's.
NJS - about 30 short now and say another 25 for the 3 extra 717's.
Qantaslink - reckon on 64 pilots this year for the D8.
Jetstar - 300 ish between now and end 08.
******, Skippers, Aerorescue, Surevillance Australia etc desperate for DE Captains.
Any updates on this chaps - and if its about right are there enough card carrying ATPL holders to fill all the seats once the merry go round stops?
That is a lot of pilots required . Now i should be over at the GA side but i have a question for you blokes in the know . WHAT DO I DO !!! such a huge shortage 370hrs up no MECIR and no ATPL see National systems are offering MECIR with ICUS . Qantas Cadetship will not accept me due to only have bridging courses instead of actuall yr 12 passes . should i go to something like Delta Connection or get MECIR here and move through the ranks as you all have . I got the Coin to do whatever required at whatever the cost however the MCPL and all these bloody uncertainties are confussing the hell out of me . QF not recruiting ect ( not affect me ) , guys on hold files for 1.5 yrs with no word . Im not going to quit but geez louise!!! you guys with a bit of INDUSTRY experiance , a PM from whom ever can spare the time would be great gents . I have brought this up a couple of times now and im not sure which way to head .