PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - As PMA goes, so does Management of Personnel
Old 30th Mar 2007, 20:29
Mr C Hinecap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry As PMA goes, so does Management of Personnel

I've picked this up from the RAF Movs website - I hope Marge didn't mind the cross-posting, but this is a sign of the very edge of the deep and dark abyss. These points were e-mailed to him by his management:

All
I attended the briefing in XXXX Sqn on Mon on the formation of the ACOS Manning division within the Air HQ at High Wycombe, which will replace PMA as we know it at Innsworth. I reproduce my scribbled notes below for your information.

ACOS Manning will be 40% smaller than the current set-up at Innsworth, because of the lack of space at High Wycombe. The reduction in the number of desks will obviously mean that there will be fewer desk officers/ drafters to look after everybody, so their workload will increase significantly.

In preparation for the move to High Wycombe next year, ground trades and ground branches will now come under DACOS Manning 2 and 3 respectively from 1 Apr 07. GD and flying branches will come under DACOS Manning 1 from 1 Jan 08, which is the date of the move to High Wycombe.

Ground trades Open Door telephone calls will now only be available in the afternoon. The same applies to officers from 1 Apr 07.

Formal career advice interviews for officers and NCO aircrew have now ceased.

Open Door interviews will take place only when there is a genuine reason, rather than just ‘catching up on things’, as desk officers/ drafters will have to be far more selective in agreeing to Open Door interviews because of a lack of time.
Written career briefs for ground trades and career plans for officers are now discontinued.

If using the Open Door, use the telephone in preference to e-mail. Everyone will expect a response to an e-mail !
There will be less negotiation between desk officers/ drafters and chains of command that are losing or gaining personnel. In other words, if you’ve got manning issues, tough. You’ll make do with what ACOS Manning gives you (or doesn’t give you, as the case may be).

Check your JPA workflow notifications. JPA will now be used for communications from your desk officer/ drafter.

Ensure your roles and responsibilities are up to date on JPA. They will be used by your desk officer/ drafter to build up your record of experience, which will affect your next posting. Make sure the job descriptions are correct as they will be used to select your replacement.

Tell your desk officer/ drafter if your job has changed in any way.

For ground trades there will be no more hasteners for outstanding appraisals, and there will be no further Missing Assessment Boards. If your appraisal has not been completed on time, you will miss out on the promotion board. MESSAGE: take responsibility for your own appraisal and ensure your ROs are doing their job on time.

For officers, pre-board grades will remain unchanged, i.e. grades A to B+ will be read. A provisional promotion list will be published on the intranet. It will be up to the individual to decline, as there will be no more promotion letters and Queen’s Letters of Thanks.

An e-Air Force List will replace the book version.
Self-service PVR applications will be available on JPA later this year. Acceptance of applications will still be based on the Service need!

Ensure your JPA posting preferences are up to date, as they will automatically appear on your appraisal before the 1st RO writes your report (you will no longer see your appraisal before the 1st RO). If you have not filled in any preferences, it will be assumed you have none.

Self-service applications for change of engagement will be available on JPA from Sep 07.

Anyone else see themselves with a bright future in this RAF?

Last edited by Mr C Hinecap; 30th Mar 2007 at 20:51.