PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many instructors have you had??
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2007, 19:14
nanocas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks a lot for all the helpfull comments!
I did have a flight today with an instructor (new one at the school) whom I had flown with once before. I had a chat with him about this issue and he did admit that it is best to keep to 1 main instructor initially and eventually another one as a back-up, certainly in the beginning. But he explained however, that the new trend with large FTO's these days is this continuous rotation between instructors and students... (I just cannot imagine that is a good thing though...) as was mentioned before, it is not only the fact that everyone teaches in a different way but also the fact that when you are passed on between instructors, it becomes increasingly more difficult for an instructor to judge where your weak points and strong points are, as well as generally attitude of the student when confronted with different situations. All this will, I think, stretch the number of hours students will need to not only learn but also the stage at which eventually one of the instructors will feel confident in you to let you solo etc...
I hope all this makes sense!
Also, as has been mentioned above, there are sadly always instructors who simply want to log another hour....
So, I have decided that I am going to "choose" 2 instructors and work around their schedule... (now, after so many I don't know who that will be!! the new chap I flew with today seems very motivated though..

At the end of the day, I started feeling that I had to prove myself over and over again to the new guy...

oooof! sorry for the long blurt out!!!!