PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Difference between Airbus and Boeing controls
Old 29th Mar 2007, 17:21
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wasn't talking about what would (or might) happen on the 777, I was talking about your suggestion that Airbus use force feedback. In that case you'd have the force feedback working against the FO's input for as long as the Captain deflected his stick - it would have been physically harder to right the aircraft until the crew realised what was happening, which can be a long time depending on the crew.
Your training obviously taught you to watch/feel the yoke to see what's happening, but not everyone's does and I'd wager that in the 777 not *every* crew would work out what was going on as quickly as you might assume.
At the end of the day, people have their own opinions of which 'office environment' they prefer and they will defend that choice - it's only human. But to then state that one system is empirically safer than the other based solely on that opinion (and occasionally cherry-picked research to support it) is a step too far.