PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 4
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2007, 14:50
Lite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read that article with interest, but have to say bmibaby really have missed the boat when it comes to EMA expansion. Had the airline kept it's feet firm, which obviously it's harder to do as a start-up airline, they would have a major presence in large French cities; Bordeaux, Toulouse, Nice, Marseille and Lyon - and despite Ryanair not flying to any of these cities directly, the fact they serve provincial airports just up the road makes it difficult for WW to enter these markets. The same goes to Italy, Poland and the Spanish market.

If bmibaby does launch more routes, I think they're going to have to really get their act together if they want to do it for the summer season, the summer timetables have already begun and they'll want new routes up and running by May 1st to get the most out of the season. I'd imagine they'll tighten up their existing aircraft's schedules as some of them spend a fair amount of time sitting around, then maybe add an extra based aircraft, with the sixth aircraft having been promised to EMA staff for a while according to some of the baby people I know. My guess for new routes would be duplicating BHX routes plus maybe more Eastern European capitals.