PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IMC Minima help please
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2007, 13:59
troddenmasses

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you very much for that information. Believe me - I hate flying in poor weather, but believe the IMC to be a critical piece of training for flying in the UK. I have no intention of disappearing into nasty weather, just because my license says that I can.

What I don't like is being told by an authority figure that I can't do something because it's against the law, and then not going on to prove it. If it is against the club rules, fair enough - but don't quote rules as being from the CAA if they aren't.

Fuji Abound - Sorry if this has been asked before, but as I don't spend THAT much time on here, I haven't seen that particular question asked before. It isn't quite as popular as the 'Can I log time spent flying next to my friend as P1s' or 'Can I wear gold braid'. I did try the search function, but didn't really come up with a satisfactory answer. I suppose that when using any search function, you really have to know the key words to use. If you don't, then you will come up with nothing.

BOSE - X. I have searched through every pink bulletin that is on the ais website, and found nothing. Sorry.

Thanks for your help, though - I will keep on searching, and when I find the correct page, I will print it out and give it to the CFI. I don't think that the confrontational method is best when it will be he doing the test.