PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Education: What A Levels and Degree (if any)?!(Apr '09)
Old 29th Mar 2007, 11:37
Captain Smithy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Higher Education and Pilot recruitment

Hello all,

Think this is my first post in this forum... anyway, just a wee question I'd like to ask.

Have searched the forum, didn't find much on the subject, so apologies if this has been heard Ad Nauseum.

I have heard many people say that having a university degree under your belt may improve your chances of landing a job with an airline (note the key word "may"). Nothing different to other careers I suppose.

What I was wondering was would an HNC be of benefit as well? Not as high a level as a Uni Degree obviously but it's a qualification nonetheless.

I am currently an apprentice engineer, just finishing off my Electronic Engineering HNC, will be doing my Mech Eng HNC starting September. I'm already thinking however, should all go well, of upgrading to HND. Always wanted to be a pilot though, have began my PPL, first step now underway. I want to avoid Uni like the plague, so just wondering if the qualification would give me any more of a chance of landing a job on the flight deck.

Cheers

Smithy