PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAC Flying Pay change
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2007, 01:07
Greenielynxpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are of course right that a few disgruntled voices will not make any difference. That is why we must act collectively to force this to the top of HQ DAAvn's agenda. Have you seen the list? There are nearly 300 names on it. The greatest hypothetical financial loss is over £44k.

And whilst the sausage factory can, quite possibly, churn out an extra 20-30 people over the next few years, these would be 2nd Lts, with 250hrs. With the LOS-based terms of service for officer careers, it will take another 12 years to replace the Majs and senior Capts that will be voting with their feet over the next 36months. This will have second-order consequences and compound effects as those who remain will have fewer and fewer opportunities for service at E2, increased tour lenths and reduced tour intervals, and of course less money than they had been expected for doing it.

What really makes me laugh is that the Corps fall-back option for the last decade has been to commission every Tom, Dick and Harry (these days they prefer to be known as Thomas, Richard and Henry, obviously) to fill the shortfall created by the Corps' patent inability to retain those people it had originally selected and trained for the job. However, the effect of D/AAvn/31/003 is to disproportionately disadvantage precisely those NCO aircrew who we have historically relied on to take up these LE commissions - and whilst I don't claim any expertise in understanding the British NCO psyche, I'm pretty sure that the bunch I've met who serve in AAC Regts are not tolerant of idiots, do not take kindly to being shafted, have very long memories, and will not easily forgive this act of snake-bellied treachery by the Directorate.

Like I said, it will be more than just a few gapped posts at SO2 and SO1 level over the next few years ...