PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - -Entering my last year- blues
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2007, 00:58
greybeard

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

I am also in the "retirement" phase, 46 years into the industry, 3 into retirement, found retirement far too busy, had to get a job to get a day off so to speak.
If any of us are fit and willing there are jobs and even careers in the "old" business in training and checking in Simulators in almost every Country in the World.
If you are approaching the so called "dreaded moment", get training/checking qualifications on your type, easily then converted to the Training Mode in many areas.
The so called "Pilots Salary" may not be there, but it staves off Old Age Poverty rather well, there are like minded souls all around the Office, the stories are larger than life, weather is OURS TO CREATE, Students/Victims coming out of the Training Schools in droves.
There are the back of the clock days still, paperwork in piles and the odd idiot around just to keep reality in the picture, but great fun and in some ways more rewarding than the Line, and a lot less security which for me spoils the joy of actual Flight

Enjoy each day, they have a finite limit