PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Civil Flying School at YMMB
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2007, 23:48
TheNightOwl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
giant-bird, you beat me to it!

Some days ago, Melbourne Flight Training, in the form of Glen Buckley, sent me a PM advising that they would be happy to honour the voucher, with no strings attached.
I organised for my neighbour to meet Glen, and the upshot was that, yesterday a.m., MFT took him for an hour in a Cessna 172 round the city/bay much to his delight.
He had a ball, I think perhaps some "hands-on" time helped in that regard, and he hasn't stopped telling all and sundry about the experience.
I also have a feeling that the offer of "a beer on a Friday evening" just may be taken up soon!

I want to express here my admiration for MFT and, in particular, Glen Buckley, for the offer and for the pleasure it gave Geoff not only for the flying part, but also for the restoration of his belief in the goodness of most people.
He isn't a youngster, and has a long-time love of flying, and the upset with Civil dented his belief somewhat. For MFT to undertake to fix a problem not of their making, and at their expense, I believe is well worthy of public acclaim and, with Geoff's agreement, I hereby do so.

Well done, Melbourne Flight Training, rest assured that Geoff and I will sing your company's, and personal, praises for a long time to come!!

Kindest regards,

TheNightOwl.