PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How did you prepare for your interview and sim assessment?
Old 28th Mar 2007, 22:31
VHF1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Folks

While i agree totally with some of the answers and suggestions posted in reply to your origional question, the fact remains it is totally airline specific. Its very much like drinking....wine or beer....totally different glass required..its that different. Yes....flying the big jets and ace the pilots tech interview are actually basic course material....aer arran, ryanair and globespan have questions in thier interviews taken from both. Add to this, the first few pages of the jeppies....the pages that explian how you interpret the manual, the ATPl stuff that u should know and a handsome dash of luck and bobs your uncle.....now the sim is a different animal entirely.....if its....foe example....ryan air....737 200, aer arran 737 200.....etc, get ur hands on a good sim, eg, leeds, oxf, etc and ace the sim.....u have to seriously show them the money on the day, a mate did a sim check prep with a sim instructor, he was told that the average sucessful sim candidate does about 5 to 10 hours sim practice before going for the assessement.

Food for thought.....and not food found in the local tavern I might add!

pm me 4 more, will help if i can

regds

v