PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2007, 17:53
Matt101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Essentially the reason they don't transfer EF into WW just for the summer is that - it would mean takig a large group offline to convert them twice (to and from WW) We had 300 temps last year could you imagine 300 people offline for a week to convert them - I think it would be costly and oeprationally challenging. So they take summer temps on direct into WW - they can only take temps on as there is an agreement with the Union that movement into that fleet only comes from transfers.

Anyway this from a horses mouth yesterday. "We have no plans to recruit directly to LHR for permanent contracts now or in the forseeable future. Rumours of a transfer hold for 2 years at SFG are not true it was a point that was never accepted as it was not operationally advantageous. The transfer list will open in October/Winter 2007 but speed of transfer relies on LHR Turnover. All permanent recruitment will be for LGW"

In addtion - we are moaning as it's a British passtime, and we are British Airways!! - the money at SFG isn't great but I know it's a fair bit more than the number 1's at Flybe get paid for example, and we work a lot less hard than all the other crew at Gatwick.

It's a great job - in fact I really enjoy it but If you are used to LHR BA wages it's hard to convert which is the real reason some of us are complaining.

Please don't be put off by our bit ching you'll enjoy yourlself loads online esp when you spend 2 or 3 days on the Hilton Resort Beach in Barbados just a stroll from your room in this wonderful Hotel and BA are paying for you to be there......