PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Medical Fraud Among Pilots To Be Investigated By US House
Old 28th Mar 2007, 16:44
con-pilot

Aviator Extraordinaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember the Reed Pigman American Flyers Airline accident all too well. I was attending the University of Oklahoma and working at Will Rogers World Airport (KOKC) in Oklahoma City at night, from 10pm until 6am.

The flight was scheduled to land at OKC to refuel due to the poor weather conditions in Ardmore (KARD), the home base of American Flyers Airlines. I was notified about 30 minutes prior to the ETA that the flight had decided to go to KARD to refuel. I was told that the captain had decided that the weather had improved enough for them to land at Ardmore, refuel there because the fuel was cheaper and it was their home base.

If you are unaware of this Reed Pigman was the CEO of American Flyers Company, which along with the airline had a very large flight training school based in Ardmore.

Anyway, as it turned out it was a very long night after we were informed of the accident.

Oh, sorry 411A, I now see you already posted the fact that Reed Pigman was the boss at American Flyers.