PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2007, 14:52
jayc004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I see no reason why they should be allowed to get away with persuading new pilot to part with large sums of money without providing any of he normal protections or even written guidance about what those trainees should expect. "

I do have to say in reply to this, if you went and spent £30k at Gcat, or like wise at Bond, where is the offer of a line training, let alone anything else??
There are many organisations that are happy to take your money for a type rating with no sign of anthing after the base check, and it costs almost double what CAE/SAS are requesting.
Dont forget, Ryanair are not taking your money, they are simply stating that you must do the type rating that everyone who wants to fly a MC plane has to do, at one of their approved schools.
This is like saying that Easyjet is ripping you off if they dont employ you because they said that they only take cadets from CTC and you went and paid CTC £60K for the privilage!

I am not saying that Ryanair is a lovely company to work for, nor that I have been there that long, but this is a forum for putting down your opinions and thoughts and experiences, and to date, I have no gripes. I am doing what i have wanted to do all my life, and have been training for 2 years to do.
I WISH i was being paid more.
I WISH that I hadnt had to pay for a type rating.
The fact of the matter was, Ryanair were the first people to offer me a job. They contacted me for an interview. Why would i pass up the option of a job on the hope that something else would come along....that seems stupid to me!!
In the long run, everyone has to pay for type ratings some how. Whether it be on a reduced sallery for 5 years because you are bonded, or because you pay it up front, it is the fact that people coming into the aviation bussiness have to face.
People may not agree with what i think, and I dont really care to be honest. I am happy I am working, I am happy that I am flying, and I dont see it as a job. I see it as something i love that i am privialged enough to get paid.
If people are so unhappy with Ryanair, then leave and do something else, or go on strike and drop the company right in the hole. Stop talking about it all and just do it.....what is stopping you. And if you say anything about "The contract".......no one other then you put your name on that bit of paper.