PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rules For Some!
Thread: Rules For Some!
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2007, 11:37
crack-up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rules for some!

Trying to pick up all of the differing points made is confusing me even more.

-The operator (one without AOC) is operating between only two bases, mainland airport and islnd airport.

-The passengers can (I think) walk up to the operators office (read under tree/bonnet of car) and get a seat.

-Would so called "sensative issues" be deemed to be "Public Interest" by CASA. The other operators say that they quite suitably serve all of the air transport needs of the island (and have for many many years).

-In this case the community does not charter the aircraft, it is chartered by a husband and wife team of indigenous origins who reside on the mainland and operate the business for themselves (I think this is right).

Still dosn't seem right to me. A level playing field needs to be applied to all operators, and CASA should investigate all operations that cross the boundary's. Maybe the blokes I spoke to had a vested interest, but at least they had all of the certifications and approvals to do the flights, evidently not so the new comer. I reckon I would be P****d off too if the goal posts were moved because of sensative issues. I thought we were all equal now days!