PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Airline Pilot" film
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2007, 10:21
rondon9897

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AIRLINE PILOT FILM produced by College of Air Training Hamble

Hello all, I was the guy that posted the original query about the original AP film.

First of all there were TWO films, the first one was made when the used the Chippies for ab initio training and the second one was an update when they used the PA 28s. Both films seemed to follow the same theme, i think. Both films were available in 16 mm and were shewn at flying clubs etc one I think was shown on TV.

As a result of my first post someone suggested I try BENSONS for a copy of the film and they did in fact have it listed and i ordered it only to be told it was then not available.

I think someone mentioned the type of a/c used for jet conversion in the first film--I seem to remember it was a VC10 at Shannon that was used for circuits and the look on the first officer's face when he landed it for the first time is very memorable and the only thing i remember from both films!!
These two films are an important historical record of BA and Hamble and should be widely availlable, so can interested parties put the word out at the re-union and get these films in circulation.

regards to all