PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2007, 23:49
EGMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gonzo,

I would JUST like to emphasise the 'too heavily', and more importantly the '[but dont take MY word for it]'.

On my final stage, one of the other interviewees [who is an ATSA], said that the HR guy at his stage 2 told him this.
Specifically the last of the 3 tests, which is like a 1980 Amstrad ATC game- was there in a kinda testing phase to identify any positive correlation towards the success at college.

I wouldnt suggest that any of the testing is not used in actual decisions but I was under the impression that it isn't given such a heavy weight as people fear.

I am of course just saying something that somebody told somebody who then told another somebody ... So a rumour!

Incase anybody has the wrong impression, I would advise to do your very best at everything and assume that every little assessment is critical in the outcome as to weather you get a good email or a bad email.

Yeah Timelapse, I agree- some people thought the 3rd test was a direct ATC ability test because you are essentially seeing a simplified traffic screen... But really it is testing specific skills like prioritising and multi-tasking