PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - night manning
Thread: night manning
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2007, 19:43
Roger That

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NATS response to the Uberlingen report was kept confidential to the NATS board only
Except that a number of operational people were involved in at least 2 of the 3 phases of the response. I'd have to check back for completeness but I certainly recall an operational ATCO from Swanwick, ScOACC and MACC being representated and there being some work locally to address the recommendations that followed.
there's no getting away from the fact that NATS management at the time seriously desired to implement single sector manning
Withdrawal of single sector staffing plans and talk of Ueberlingen gives the impression of these things being linked, and of any decision not to proceed being an unwise [or indeed unsafe] practice. I don't see this as a true reflection of events or indeed of the principles of single sector staffing. I believe it is true that single sector staffing has it's place (irrespective of time of day, day of week etc.) and holding Ueberlingen up like a safety card to block changes is somewhat disingenuous.

If there is clear opposition to changs such as this, be clear about why it's not safe. If it's compelling it should be relatively simple to prove the case