PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde landmark to go....
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2007, 19:31
Leezyjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a Spotter,

GordonRoxburgh is actually the web master of www.concordesst.com. It is his website. He was also very heavily involved with ensuring G-BBDG didn't end up suffering the same fate as F-BVFD and I think we can say he has done a remarkable job of that.

Moving on,

F-BVFD was scrapped back in 1994 when Concorde was still very much alive and kicking. Back then that was the only airframe that was unflyable so I guess the thinking back then was to simply scrap it as there were already Concorde's in museums from the test programs and I guess it never even crossed their minds to preserve that one as a retirement was still a long way off. Also that a/c had been used as a spares source for AF much like DG had been for BA so there wasn't much left of it to preserve as all the other spares were needed for the flyable a/c, so there wouldn't have been any left over to restore it as was the case with DG which was done with spares no longer needed after the retirements. Well thats my theory on it anyway. Not sure how accutate it is.