PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - -Entering my last year- blues
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2007, 18:42
Albert Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Double Back. This is the advice I was given. It worked for me.

No matter how long you've been flying there will still be things you put off doing until you get an extra day off somewhere or the weather is better or you're not so dog-tired or you can persuade another crew member along, whatever. Make a list of them. Then make a list of your favorite places in the world you want to say goodbye to - places that mean something really special to you (yes, I know you can afford to go back after you retire, but do it now). Finally make a list of all the people in the airline around the world you want to say goodbye to (yes, I know right now they're sometimes a pain in the ar$e and you see too much of them but you _will_ miss them).

If you're honest with yourself the list will be several pages long - and a year is only just time to tick all the items off.

Then go do it. You'll be busy. You'll get a buzz. The year will fly by and......

....................when it happens, you'll be ready to let go and................

... ready to to play with all the other toys in the cupboard you tossed to one side when you discovered those flying things..........whatever they're called.

Oh! and this is really important, get the wife some flowers and and something with diamonds. Now! She's gonna be your new boss.