PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 Simulator
Thread: 737 Simulator
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2007, 14:24
High Wing Drifter

bigfoot,

I was wondering if anybody had any thoughts on how to get the best out of the experience, e.g. any pre reading to do or things to prepare before I go.
I did 20 hours (all hand flying) in a 727-200 simulator in Dublin for the MCC course. I believe the Yorkshire simulator is the a 200 too (Real Simulation?).

Basically, it is like this, you won't stop fecking grinning. If it is a 200, then it is all clockwork dials just like a big Seneca with fewer levers. If you have any multi experience get them to fail an engine at V1, makes a the Seneca look like a bit of a puppy in comparison

An hour will whiz by, so I don't think you'll go into detail in any single aspect so I don't think you can prepare for it. As was said, they'll brief you, just listen carefully and do what they ask and you'll get the most out of it. Probably in the profiles you'll be flying, I imagine that speed control is the biggest issue for a piston person. There are lots of numbers to memorise to help manage the speed, I'm certain the briefing they give will give you the relevant numbers to work with to match their ops without overloading you with information. By comparison to my usual conveyances, the speed is very unstable when on the slow side.

Fuji,
Maybe sometime on MFS before would be "helpful" - MFS is surprisingly realistic.
Several people say this. Even our sim instructor said that he stays in tip-top condition using FS. But me, I don't get it.