PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - -Entering my last year- blues
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2007, 11:29
Double Back

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-Entering my last year- blues

I am entering my last year as an airline pilot.
For a few years till now I thought, no matter how much I like the flying part of my job, that it was time to go. I couldn't care less if I they had me retired on the spot.

The life, the jetlags, the always from home missing important issues, my life governed by my roster, I had enough of it.

But now I have been hit hard by the hammer that tells me in one year no more X-wind landing a 744, no more nice hotels, no more surprising events, no more fun in some bizarre country with a youthful crew, no more sightseeing in countries one will probably never get to privately.
No more rostering to terrible destinations, that turned out to be unforgettable trips.

Get me right, I have enough hobbies, interests that can get me past 100 years of age, and some. That is not the problem.

I don't want to rate it as a crisis, but when I look at other pilots that went before me, I see some stunning things happening in a wide variety.

Guys that scr@w up a clean career by doing some stupid flying mistakes with retirement approaching, get divorced after all, (after a long marriage), do weird things.

What is going on in this last year, will be glad to hear about others......