PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Message to Ryanair pilots
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2007, 11:06
rubik101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are so many things wrong with this pay deal that it would take more time than I have available right now to explain. For FOs the deal is the pits. FR seem to be trying to sell this deal to them on the basis of bread today, a crust anyway, and jam tomorrow.
I learned many years ago that you do not screw with a pilot's time off or his salary, FR seem intent on doing both, in spades. The 4 year deal is definitely a pay cut, however you do the sums, believe me.
Beside the question of the reduction in flight pay, by a considerable margin I might add, there is the question of leave.
Those of you working for an airline on a fixed pattern roster can look ahead to work out when to take your leave, chooding those days when you are working between two sets of days off. This maximises your leave usage. e.g. with 5 on 4 off you need to take 5 days leave to give you 13 days off.
In FR, the deal is that you get 5 on 4 off, BUT, three times a year the company can alter this to 5 on 3 off. They can also allocate 9 days of my (MY) leave, at random throughout the year, turning my 4 off days into 3 off days plus one annual leave. Hence it is impossible to plan ahead and use my leave days sensibly. You can find yourself with 3days off, one days work, five days leave, 3 days off and one days leave. This system is designed by FR to screw the pilot in every direction.
The answer is to vote for the 2%, then vote for Union recognition and representation. Start by joining BALPA etc.
Stand up and be counted guys, or these T&Cs will become the industry norm.
Life in FR right now is pretty miserable, due entirely to the style of, I nearly used the word management there, but I can't! Dictation would suit better.