PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 6
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 6
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2007, 09:55
bowserman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If your on about when the Airport company had the ramp, they were all gone long before Mr P arrived!!
OK hands up to that one if I am wrong.

There was that much that went on after Parkins arrival. You being in Airside Ops (if thats what you do) would know that. Your guys had to re apply for your jobs under Parkins leadership, and some did not get them after years of service with NIA.This paved the way for new positions to be filled with some staff from other tenants on the airport who were being paid a pittance. Some people actually admired what Parkin did, others had nervous breakdowns as they were frightened to question what he told them to do. I know one of the security staff who was brave enough to go and see him to tell him morale among them was rock bottom and he sat with his feet on his desk and pointed out of the window, and said "the planes are still taking off".

It might come out in the investigation, the real reason why AA pulled out before they even started. It is incredible to think all the rumours that went around NIA for years and nobody in a position of authority listened. Also, the same local councils that gave Parkin a standing ovation, are now treating this with 'great concern'.

Its strange to say this, but only a few months ago, any posting on here about Parkin would have been pulled or censored as this thread was(!) closely monitored by NIA, under its then dictatorship.

Its too late for me now, but I hope you get a good CEO replacement who can take NIA forward as I wish the airport my very best.