PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK late rosters
Thread: EK late rosters
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2007, 05:53
Gillegan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arent you used it to by now?. Fellow ppruner's can I remind you that the traffic in Dubai has nothing to do with Emirates. However, Im sure there is a clever mouse out there who is trying to find a link which will hold Emirates responsible for the traffic on every street in Dubai. I have a gut feeling that the mouse is more than likely an EK pilot.
I beleive Qantas and Cathay Pacific release there rosters on time. So perhaps you should get in touch with those airlines and see how you can move across. If they ever ask you why you left Emirates, BITE YOUR TONGUE AND DONT MENTION THE ROSTER BIT. I know its really hard not too, but just try.
My family seems to carry on perfectly with their lives when my roster is a day or two late. Why cant you?
I don't think too many people blame Emirates for the traffic. To most people who have been here more than 3 years, we feel that they don't pay us enough to put up with it. (During the 70's and 80's when Hong Kong was getting prohibitively expensive and Cathay was expanding, they did not settle for a package that was number 22 compared with other airlines, they made it a top of the industry package - Emirates is going to have to do the same thing if they want this to continue) As far as late rosters go, maybe it's an inconvenience or maybe it's more, but the point is that it is just one of many things that is making this job more and more untenable for many pilots. If you don't believe me, just take a look at the increasing numbers of resignations. The frustrating thing for many is that we don't see anything being done to address the problem. Sure, band-aids such as reserve pairings, contract pilots from NZ (doesn't sound like they were too impressed) or the 6% payrise, but do you really see the company doing anything substantial to address the manning issue? Let's face it, the package is not sufficient to attract or retain the numbers of pilots that Emirates needs and the longer that management keeps their heads in the sand, the worse the quality of life is going to get for us. If things seem to be working out for you then fine but it's not working out for more and more Emirates pilots. (There certainly isn't any outlet to express our dissatisfaction within the company!)