PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK330-777 transition.
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2007, 05:17
ShockWave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quote: Why not take your leave when it is due then accept a course date after this?
If I take all my allocated 330 leave then I will probably not be offered a course until the end of the year. Then I could be away from home for 6 weeks doing a course god knows where over the Christmas period. Then I would be faced with the same 12 months of no leave because the leave bidding for the 777 will be closed before I would be finished training. The system is not set up to handle this kind of fleet transfer properly and needs to be addressed. I am not demanding too much of them, I just believe that we should not be forced into having no leave for 12 months.
quote: More pilots should stick the head out and challenge EK.
Point taken FO4ever. I' ve not said anything lately that will trouble too many, I hope. If so I'll blame it on the fatigue and apologize profusely.
I don't advocate sticking your head out in EK because history proves that there are too many axe men about only to happy to lop it off. However if there is a valid argument to be made I don't fear making it. There is always the choice not to take what is offered. Hopefully a fix for this may be found and the issue will disappear.
Latest news:-no fix, however the leave department are trying to be helpful whithin the limitations of the system. So if you want leave more than a trip to the 777 make sure you check with them first and goodluck.

Last edited by ShockWave; 27th Mar 2007 at 13:42.