PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2007, 21:44
Aloue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been looking back at the posts by jayc004 since returning from a little holiday. Ignoring what was said about me and concentrating on what he says, I'd like to argue against Carmoisine's "troll" accusation (though for my money Carmoisine is the authentic voice of the FR "cadet Second Officer"). As for jayc004, try these quotes -

It seems to me that people that come on here and moan about Ryanair are afraid of hard work.
There is enough information on this website and enough pilots that work for the company for no one to have any excuse to say "I didnt know it was going to be this hard"
…. every captain and FO I have spoken to is moaning again about the hours that they are doing. All the safety pilots and all the captains have hit there 100 hours.
We were all young once and I think jayc004 is both young and also inexperienced. I suspect he is also a bit more well intentioned that he appears. After all, he did come here to post with a view to helping those about to join Ryanair and his posts are NOT the typical posts of Ryanair camp followers and "managers masquerading as pilots".

jayc004's statements as posted above are all statements which I would disagree with, not because they are not true of jayc004's experience (for who am I to make such a claim?), but because while they may be true of his experience they are simply an inaccurate picture of life in Ryanair at this moment. I cannot understand why he generalises his personal experience and represents this as everybody's experience in an airline with 17 differerent bases.

It certainly is not true that "everybody is hitting 100 hours". When jayc004 joins REPA he will get a broader perspective on this and why his experience may be narrower than he realises.

And yes jayc004, in reference to an earlier post of yours, FR have indeed mightily pissed me off on several occasions. In this I am far from being alone. I see no reason why they should be allowed to get away with persuading new pilot to part with large sums of money without providing any of he normal protections or even written guidance about what those trainees should expect.

That is why I post here - in the hope that we might persuade a few to head in another direction and avoid indentured labour for Europe's most profitable airline.