PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAL
Thread: JAL
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2007, 20:22
Standard Jet Dep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JAL interview

Well here is my experience.

First interview as previously said everyone gathers in a small room.
Two girls are constantly making notes. Do the usual chat to everyone etc.
Then you go to a room 3 at a time. What Airport do we fly to in Tokyo? What would you do on a stopover etc? Surprisingly none of the othe 2 candidates knew it was NRT!!! So it might be good to take sometime out and read up on locations and culture.
Then everyone walks into a small room and names of those that get through are wrote on a flipchart.

Interview 2

You come back in the afternoon. Firstly you have a grooming check. Check your NAILS and hair. Lads dont use gel I did that and was told to get it out. If they ask you to do anything do it there and then before your second interview.
Then I had a language check I do speak conversational Japanese but they were looking for a second european language however I dont speak any but no problem.

After that you go for a 2 on one interview. Usually JP cabin crew manager and some of the local management. There were two older ( more mature to be polite english folks) The usual questions and then you leave and will find out in about 3 days or get given a day to call.

If successful you will be invited for a 3rd interview. I was interviewed by a board of 3 people, again one of the old school who i did not really like. ( He did ask the same question at both my interviews - Do you take excercise? lol and im not a fat bastard so took a little bit of offence.

The 3rd interview was again same old questions but a little more personal. After that you have to wait about a week I think it was but sadly I didnt make it.
Money.
I know a few people at JAL and I believe it is very good rumoured between 1,500 2,000gbp take home a month.
Training is quite strict and conformed. No disrespect to JAL but it does seem quite an old fashioned JP company however the financial rewards seem great and Japan is the most amazing and wonderful place. ( well for me anyway lol)

If you have any questions please feel free to post them on this board. I hope this info helps.

Very Brgds SJD