PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue flight cancellations.
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2007, 13:39
Jet_A_Knight

Metrosexual

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSorry for the thread drift - last reply to podbreak.

To a certain extent, you are right. But the general assumption that more hours = more experience = better pilot is a legitimate one, and used to set minimum requirements by convention for that simple reason. There will often be exceptions, and like you, I have witnessed and accept that.

The point that i was originally making was that there are plenty of guys, quite capable and experienced, who have not even been contacted, let alone evaluated for suitability - that's what i find peculiar. It kind of makes a mockery of working hard to build hours and improve one's skills, when the experience one gains is often hard fought and won, and then at the end of the day is, somehow, I dunno, worthless

I do not believe that hours in the log book should be a ticket to ride. However, it should be a ticket to a place at the table to give a pilot a chance to prove they're worth at least an evaluation! Call them in, and if they're humps, send them home. Hey, some of them might even be assets to the operation once employed! Work your way down the list, that's all.

In any case, best of luck in whatever you do, and also to the Virgin crews