PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas flight flies without emergency oxygen
Old 25th Mar 2007, 23:50
Sinbad1

Wink O2 confusion

bubbers44

The airbus system (A330) is different from the Boeing 737, If you read my previous first post, I did explained the O2 system on the Airbus. On the Airbus when the SOV is off the ECAM shows Zero plus it has low pressure system warning as well, the ECAM Door /Oxy page will display the MSG in Amber When the pressure is less than 50 psi in the system.the first low pressure warning comes on when the pressure drop below the required acceptable level it will show on the ECAM the Numbers in green with Boxed amber, I am not sure but I think around 1500 psi, and when it drops below that, the whole Numbers go Amber, Surely you can not miss that. In a very good airlines when an aircraft complete a check usually the airline engineering has pre hangar departure check list which has to be signed off before it leaves the hangar. Malaysia airline is one of them.The condition you describe the aircraft after a hangar check is unbelievable ( I am not doubting you at all) but I think they must have quite a bad QA department. as for engineering trying to blame the flight crew for not writing it in the book, well I just do not find that answer acceptable at all.There is something seriously wrong with that airliner engineering department to deliver the aircraft in the conditions you described.