PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2007, 21:21
Mister Geezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After reading the various posts I hope that those who may be considering Ryanair may now have a second thought.

From the initial outlook then the lure of a Boeing 737-800 and lots of flying is bound to sound appealing but I can assure you that according to the contributions that have been made it seems that the honeymoon period wears off very quickly! From an outsider such as I am, then I get the impression that Ryanair can be summed up as being stressful and tiring and if that is the case then the fun element will be driven out fairly soon after starting your line flying and having to scrape by on the salary won't help either!

If the money was fantastic then that would ease the situation slightly but from what we have been reading it seems as if it is simply not worth it - fancy B737-800 in your licence or not! As for getting sent around for your line training then the stress of finding accomodation etc etc must just be as stressful as learning to fly the aircraft itself!

The market is good and there are better oppertunities out there. Think long and hard and as the saying goes 'if there is any doubt then there is no doubt'!