PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lows hours FI rating?
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2007, 16:58
Blinkz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lows hours FI rating?

Hey guys,
Quick bit about me. Got my PPL in 2005 up in Edinburgh and after that decided to go integrated. Now a newly qualified fATPL holder and am trying to decide what my best options are. I have just over 200TT CPL/IR/ME etc I am really keen to get a FI rating. Now just to set the record straight, I am NOT just wanting to get a FI so as to hour build before getting a airline position. I honestly am very keen to give something back to the GA community where I started and the thought of actually teaching really appeals to me. Now on the other hand, I DO want to join an airline at some point. I'm basically kind of stuck with where to go now. I am currently applying to lots of airlines but I have no idea how successful any of that will be. I'm thinking of getting a FI in the near future and then hopefully to find employment in time for the summer. Even if I get an airline position I will still want to instruct in my time off, hence I will be getting a FI rating now or in the future.
My main concern is my experience. As I said I only have 200hrs TT (with another 50hrs in gliders) Will I actually be able to instruct to an acceptable level? I don't want to be instructing people if I'm not giving them the service I would expect myself. Any advice or opinions would be very welcome!